The course has been in good shape this spring, but we really needed some rain after a dry April/May. Well, we finally started seeing some rainfall the past couple weeks, which helped the course spring to life. The timing was perfect because Mike Caudill and his team started the summer maintenance program by verti-cutting fairways and aerifying greens. They were able to top-dress and roll the greens two times with a 1.5 ton roller and progressively lower the height of cut on the greens. They plan to perform the following maintenance practices starting next week:
- Lower height of cut
- Double cut
- Fairways, tees and rough
- Bulk fertilization with pre-emergent
- Growth regulator application the following week
- Aerify and top-dress tees and newly sodded areas
If you have not been to the club recently, you will not recognize the cart paths. We have treated for roots, re-paved most of the front nine already and even extended some paths. We hope to have this project completed soon and have you drive on smooth paths to make your round even more enjoyable.
We have several things happening in June:
- Summer Sale:
- Shoes, Bags and Golf Balls are 30% off the retail price.
- 4 one-hour lessons:
- $190 with Bryan (Head Golf Professional)
- $150 with Zoran and Mike (Assistant Golf Professionals)
- Junior Camp
- June 16, 17 & 18
- 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Skills include course etiquette, putting, chipping, bunkers, full shots
- Father/Child Event
- Saturday, June 20th
- 9 a.m. shotgun
- 18 hole modified alternate shot
- $60 adults
- $20 kids (17 & under)
- Fun, prizes, lunch
- Non-participants can enjoy lunch at $14.95++ adults, $8.95 ++kids
Food and Beverage
Remember that next Wednesday is our famous Short Ribs and Fried Shrimp night. If you want a seat in the lounge, please be sure to make your reservation early.
Now through September, Thursday Night is Pizza Nightat Lone Palm. Pick from many toppings, pick it up To-Go, or come and enjoy it in the lounge with a cold pint of Freddie’s craft beer (Freddie’s is a Scandinavian-style blond ale by PGA Tour player, Frederick Jacobsen). It is cold, refreshing and on tap!
Omelet Station, Carved Prime Rib, Eggs Benedict, Chicken Parmesan, Biscuits and Gravy, Fried Shrimp with Remoulade, Grilled New York Strip, Honey-Smoked Salmon, Mediterranean Grouper, Seared Ahi-Tuna, Composed Salads, Assorted Desserts and many starches, vegetables and condiments to make for a perfect meal. Come and celebrate dad, granddad or any other special men in your life with us. Adults are $34.95++ and kids 5-12 are $17.95 ++. Reservations begin at 11:00 a.m. and can be made for up to 1:30 p.m.
This weekend’s dinner specials:
- Fresh Ahi Tuna Sushi Roll
- Deep Fried Conch Fritters
- Roasted Rare Prime Rib (Friday evening)
- Pan-Seared Orange Roughy served with an Orange Honey-Bourbon Sauce
- Grilled Rack of Lamb served with a Balsamic Glaze and accompanied with Red Skin Potatoes & Asparagus
- Roasted Duck a’ la Orange
- Baked Shrimp & Scallops with Crab Au-Gratin
- Grilled 24 oz. Porterhouse Steak with sautéed Mushrooms & Onions
- Soup: New England Clam Chowder (Friday)
- Rice: Fried Rice
- Vegetable: Honey-Glazed Carrots
- Potato: Garlic Mashed
From The Bar
- Bill’s House-made Sangria
- Moscow Mule (Vodka and Ginger Beer served in a copper mug)
- Prosecco Champagne (New)
I do not typically make personal announcements regarding members, but I wanted to mention that Mrs. Madelyn Mitchell, a long-time Lone Palm Women’s Golf Association member, has recently passed away. She will be missed.
I hope that you will continue to enjoy the summer and have an amazing weekend!
Wayne Raath, General Manager